Alyeska Resort in Girdwood, Alaska was listed as one of the resorts getting the most snowfall on 12/26/2012, however you cannot access the snowfall via their lifts - they are still only skiing the bottom half of the mountain.
What a bummer! I understand the issues with avalanche dangers and all in that area, hence why it is still closed, but a post by skiing magazine is very misleading:
"Alyeska finally got the big storm it's been waiting for. Snowfall for the past two days total 17 inches at the base, 41 inches at mid-mountain, and 50 inches at the top! Weather conditions for the next few days look pretty inviting – a chance of snow and temps between 20 and 33 degrees." -http://www.skinet.com/
Every time I look up the snow report for Alyeska, I feel as though I am not getting the nitty gritty as to what the real deal is with their conditions.
12/30/12 - Lifts closed dew to high winds, at least that was brutally clear.
Conditions can only get better for Alyeska this year and I am looking forward to Chair 6 being opened - hopefully very soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment